Monday, September 15, 2008

The Invocation...

It’s been a while since I have some peace and serenity. I’ve asking the Lord to open the door on the greater things to do for him. I’ve sought this for a long time. I would go to bed thinking about it and wake up thinking about it and at midday I would be thinking about it.
It had been a while since I’ve heard from a friend I have on the internet. I wrote her and e-mail to say hello and perhaps sow some peace in my life. It was later known to me that she had been praying since yesterday.
Yesterday I went to carnival and it was full of music, dancing, people and food. Everything you could hope to ask for in an outing. But it was there that I told the Lord how I envisioned my life. I told him that I was nothing in life and had nothing to show for.
I was still thinking that I hadn’t built on the greater things in life like love, faith and hope. I saw my life as a barren cliff where nothing had a possibility of growing.
As I sat in the grass and watched the people get up and dance with their partners or wives or friends, the Lord told me, you are a priest and if you don’t mind, invoke the blessing on the festivity, so that blessing would come to it.
And the Lord led me to remember something I had written I don’t know where. The Lord wanted me to remember three directives that I forget about when I begin to fall asleep in the Lord. In the first setting we have the ten lepers that were healed and only one came back to thank Jesus, out loud, and he was a Samaritan. So we should always thank God for all his kind blessings and attentions. We get carried away with ‘self projects’ and self ambitions that never satisfy us.
The second setting is about Peter and whether he loves God. Jesus asks Peter three times repeatedly whether he indeed loves his Lord. And reaffirms that he loves Jesus. How about us? Do we have a heavy heart that we don’t want to serve God anymore?
It happened to me that I was more focused on myself and on my goals. I must confess, I became weary and didn’t want to continue anymore. But how much do we really want to serve God and the cause of Christ? Do we rejoice in the knowledge of him?
In the third and final setting, we have Paul in Malta, shipwrecked and in need. Do we really trust God and have faith in Christ to take care of us? Paul healed the sick in Malta and their afflicted. We become half hearted with our devotion.
So we have three things: Thanksgiving, service and faith. In all of these three things we can become lax and fall away if we are not careful. May you be blessed and may God have everlasting dominion and glory. Amen.
That’s what was beginning to happen to me as I felt weary in well doing and did not want to serve anyone anymore. But thanks to God and the prayers of my friends, I realize or was revealed to me that the Lord closes door to see what are we going to do with whatever we have left to do.
Sometimes what is left is menial and tedious. But the Lord encouraged me to think and come to understand that, we don’t have to do the big things to be noticed by him.
When we are quiet and content with the world and life he’s given us, suffices his plan for us for the day. If we do it joyfully and diligently and faithfully, well that is all that he expects from us for the day and our salvation continues to be secure.
I didn’t realize how wicked that spirit was that was making me discontent with the humble life God had appointed for me. I was unthankful doing the devils will with my moaning and complaining, even when I wanted to do greater things.
But that did not please the Lord at all and I just couldn’t break out of that poverty. I’m just thankful to God and my friend’s prayer for me in the internet that the Lord took me by the hand and showed me how I was stumbling. May the Lord live
Forever. Amen

No comments: