Monday, August 18, 2008

The little life that we have...that God loves...

One of the most tell-able things that are happening to me these days is the observation of the parable of the talents. Sometimes we are snared away and can’t do anything worthy of praise. But what do you do when all doors are closed. How good are you as steward of Gods’ time?
How we do you manage Gods’ time, when all you can do is stare at the wall or a coffee machine. Do we fall asleep, wander off, or wonder what to do in the mean time. I always wanted to have all the successes and glories and occupations and jobs…
But the most difficult time for me has been to bring glory to Gods’ name when there nothing I like to do. There’s always something to do, but there are some things that we just put off or don’t want to do.
There’s great reward as a steward of the blessings of God’s time. Some things may be menial and others you have to wait on people and other are just plain exasperating. But God has not disappeared from the scene. He is still watching and testing what will you do when there nothing you can do.
Now how does this preach the Gospel? Well we must understand that God is sovereign at all times. Watching over your elderly mother can be just as faithful to God as any other endeavor you might think is grand.
So there great reward in taking care of errands and the little mundane things. God is not impressed with big thing anyways. He is impressed with those that acknowledge him in this life. He will acknowledge you in heaven in front of his holy angels.
I hope this give you comfort in taking care of the little things when you find yourself discouraged and wondering if God really cares about you and what you do for him in this life. May you be blessed. Amen

2 comments:

Candlelight said...

I sometime wonder of what I've written. When I write these peices I sometime wonder if anyone is going to read them. But I know Jesus reads them and has a plan for me and what I write. I hope you benefit from this post and meditate I what I've said. May you have a good,vibrant day. May God be blessed forever and ever. Amen.

Candlelight said...

These kind of blogs are the most useful nuggets of information you need when you have nothing to do. Is there really anything you can be doing to be useful,instead of wasting the hour. Pray and think,is there really nothing, no matter how mundane and tedious you can be doing to bring you out of zero for the next hour. May you heed and be blessed. Amen.