Wednesday, August 20, 2008

One thing to make clear...about what is first...

What happens when our devotion is not sincere and we are out to please men instead of God? We’ve become ineffective. Our conscience is heavy and our heart tainted and faith is not truly faithful. As I got online today, I hadn’t realized that that was what was happening to me.
I didn’t was to write anymore blogs because I thought who would read them. I cornered myself with the group whom I thought would cater to my esteem. But I was mistaken. The gospel has to be taken out into the open and not be shrinked wrapped into a little click or group.
I really didn’t realize that I was limiting myself and my service because of the ego satisfaction I was seeking. I was beginning to become spiritually sick. I felt the spirit less and less with me. I was becoming a dull knife.
I just want to thank the Lord in Jesus for helping me out of that or this predicament. I really did think it mattered to God that it mattered to him that I was seeking the praise of men and not of him. I really didn’t understand how serious my situation was becoming.
I really didn’t believe that writing my thoughts in a place where only God knows where they are written would be one of the best pieces written. I just want to thank God so much for helping me understand this dimension.
I hope you too, don’t become a pleaser of men but of God who is the ever blessed in the first place and he should have the first place in our heart, devotion and conscience. May you be blessed and may God have everlasting dominion forever and ever. Amen.

No comments: