Tuesday, April 7, 2009

There a commercial which annouces a mother who is concerned because her son is in trouble with the authorities and her freind tells her, "Don't worry about it, just call so and so...!". It sounds like a comforting statement.

But then ask a mother whose son has cancer or is in drugs or jail? You just don't say, "Don't worry about it!" Jesus told the Pharisees in Luke 14 this matter,

["... 1And it came to pass, as he went into the house of one of the chief Pharisees to eat bread on the sabbath day, that they watched him.
2And, behold, there was a certain man before him which had the dropsy.
3And Jesus answering spake unto the lawyers and Pharisees, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath day?
4And they held their peace. And he took him, and healed him, and let him go;
5And answered them, saying, Which of you shall have an ass or an ox fallen into a pit, and will not straightway pull him out on the sabbath day?
6And they could not answer him again to these things..."]

I was fretting with my subject who gives me a stumble all day and felt afflicted. Then I came home and went to fix the flat on my bycicle and couldn't find the place. And I thought I was afflicted.

So I gave up the fight, went into Albersons Star Buck and had a coffee, a sure remedy to get my priorities right. The Lord told me in my heart, " The faster you get you soul together, the sooner we can look for lost soul and tell him about me..."

The I realized that Satan had been very successful in stumbling me and mixing my head so I can't stand get on with the issue of proclaiming God. So I went home, put my flat tire aside and go on the business to pray and meditate on Gods word.

You don't tell God when one of his souls is lost somewhere, " Don't worry about it...!" And it comes to pass that in someplace Jesus speaks of some who will say, my master is delayed and go and eat and drink with the drunken.

And the Lord will come in a day he doesn't expect him and put him with the hypocrites. I got a dab of that. I was so worried so much about who give me trouble and forgot who is in real trouble with his destiny. May you be blessed. Amen.

No comments: