Wednesday, April 22, 2009

When things get dire...

Sometimes I end the day trembling because of the trouble we have in this life. The constant sniping from satan and his emmiseries can run us down to near zero strenght and near zero faith. But it all has to change.

When we life our eyes and see the Lord and remember his words that he will never leave us nor forsake. And in fact we have nothing to fear in this life no matter if we walk in the valley of the shadow of death.

Some of us have illnesses or have cronic unemployment or just plain want to give up on life. But if we only took a hard look at the majesty of God and try very hard to understand and percieve that the Lord is faithful and can be trusted to answer when our storms come.

Why don't we do just do that forget all that our troubled heart tells us and listen to what Jesus want to tell us for our own good. We turn to Palm 23,

["...1The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever..."]

Why don't I take this six barrel shooter verses and point them right at Satan and tell the devil, let me tell you six things in case you have forgotten...the Lord is my Shepherd: I shall not want...!

No comments: